GlobalTrek .:. 1983 to Present

Monday, September 17, 2007

Where're the Pre-Country Synopses?

Okay, I started well with the first four and intended to finish up the rest while on the road, but now I've been to Ethiopia and am about half-way finished with Uganda and still no pre-country synopses! I'd like to apologize and also encourage you to have a quick Wiki-read and look at the CIA World Factbook for the lowdown on these incredible places.

As I'm now in Kabale in the far Southwest of Uganda and I'm on an IBM Personal Computer 300GL (think about 10 years+ old), it's unlikely you'll see the pre-country synopses for a while. I encourage you to check out each country, but I'll try to get those finished when I can. That said, I've still got stories to write from Mali, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Ethiopia and now Uganda. They include not one, but two mid-air medical emergencies in which I helped out, a thieving maid episode, and rafting some of the most brutal rapids on planet Earth. Hope that whets your appetite!

Now though, it's time for a steam bath and a sauna...while the internet capabilities of this little border town are minimal, my hotel does have the aforementioned facilities and after a 9 hour bus ride from Kampala, I think I've earned it.

No comments: