GlobalTrek .:. 1983 to Present

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

West Africa - Completed

It's 7:34am and I'm in a hugely expensive but very modern internet cafe in Kotoka International Airport in Accra, Ghana. in 26 minutes, I will head to the check-in desk of Ethiopian Airlines to check in for my 10:00am flight to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We'll stop in Lome, Togo to pick up some more people and then it's off to East Africa!

It's been an adventurous time thus far. Some of the stories I've managed to share, some are still floating around in my head rather than on this blog. I will do my best to get more up soon. In the meantime, I've uploaded a number of photos from Mali, Burkina Faso and Ghana to Picasa. The link is down on the right side of the page, there. Have a gander and comment, if you wish.

Thanks for the emails and the comments on the blog. Also, feel free to forward the address of this blog to anyone you think might be interested. I'm in a very informal race with Yuri to see how many people we can get to subscribe...he's currently winning by 5 (Update: thanks to push from Luton fam - woohoo!).

Right, another load of photos which need captions now.

All the best,

Dom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dom
Sounds like you're having a great time, nothing like tropical storms to keep you on your toes! Hope you make it to the other side (i've clearly worked in airline safety too long), look forward to reading all about it!!
Jessx

JulyDream said...

Sorry to say, but I'm not on your subscriber's list. I just visit when I'm thinking about you, which seems to be quite often. I wish you well!

Paige =o)