GlobalTrek .:. 1983 to Present

Thursday, August 2, 2007

French keyboard delay.

Hello to my faithful 18 subscribed readers and to anyone not yet subscribed!

Quick note that I am alive, but the keyboards in French-speaking West Africa are, shockingly, in French! As such, my fingers can't keep up with my brain and rather than waste hours in a 'cyber' (think see-burr), I'll wait to transcribe my many pages of blog-worthy stories until I reach Ghana around 20 August.

In the meantime, why not catch up on some of my previous posts. Use the tag browser to find stuff you might be interested in or just start at the beginning using the monthly selection.

Thanks also for all the comments you're posting. Those mean a lot.

From Dakar, Senegal on way to Bamako, Mali on a 3:45pm flight,

Dom

5 comments:

JulyDream said...

What do you mean you can't type on a French keyboard??? I thought you'd been practicing for months. hehe

Just saying hello and I was thinking about you.

Paige =o)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you're safe and sound-- hugs to you-- Abby

Anonymous said...

Hey Dom!
Happy Birthday for 6th August.
Have a fab trip.
Best Wishes,
Helen x

60GoingOn16 said...

Hi Dom

This is your long-lost auntie in England here. Your lovely mum told me about your blog and I have been reading through it avidly. What an amazing journey lies ahead. Africa is so vast. so extraordinary and presents so many challenges to those of us in the West. If you haven't read Dark Star Safari by Paul Theroux and happen to come across a copy do read it - lots of questions, some answers, some imponderables.

I know parts of North Africa and now South Africa and hope next year to go back to SA and then up to Zambia and/or Namibia (want to see the Skeleton Coast) - depending on time (and money not running out . . . )

This old lady (who gets her pension next month) also has a blog. So if you find yourself with internet access (and time on your hands) and want to hear about the life of a Notting Hill escapee, deep in the English countryside, give it a go. You'll find me at http://60goingon16.typepad.com and there's an email link on my 'About' page. It's a funny old mix of politics, animals, books, town and country. All sorts really.

Anyway, would absolutely love to hear from you and maybe see you in London/Marlow in October? Had a great two-hour phone call with your mum last night; we are making up for a lot of lost time.

Much love, take care and travel safely!

Di

Anonymous said...

Hey you. Just found your blog and can't wait to read through it. Sounds like you're having the time of your life while I'm suck in Baaaastan renting caahs. Hope all is well and you travel safely, be in touch.
xo
Mae